Find out how to make quick and easy Great Northern Beans without soaking (no soaking) in the pressure cooker.
Lazy but craving a satisfying meal. Let the slow cooker do it for you. Here’s a quick recipe for a tasty meal.
3 Tbsp Butter
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Onion , sliced
2 stalks Medium Celery , diced
2 cloves Garlic , minced
1/2 Tbsp Ground Black Pepper
1/2 Tbsp Kosher Salt
1/4 cup Sofrito Sauce (optional)
1 cup Dry Great Northern Beans
3 cups Water
1 Bay Leaf
1 Smoked Turkey Leg
1. Preheat your pressure cooker to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C).
2. Once heated, add Butter (3 Tbsp) and Olive Oil (2 Tbsp) to the pot. Once melted, add Onion (1) and Celery (2 stalks) and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes or until onions start becoming translucent.
3. Add Garlic (2 cloves) , Ground Black Pepper (1/2 Tbsp) , Kosher Salt (1/2 Tbsp) , and Sofrito Sauce (1/4 cup) . Stir to combine.
4. Add the Dry Great Northern Beans (1 cup) and Water (3 cups) . Stir, then add Bay Leaf (1) and Smoked Turkey Leg (1) . Cover with the lid. Pressure cook with the pressure on high for 45 minutes.
5. Let it sit for an additional 10 minutes afterward before releasing the pressure. Remove the bay leaf and pull the turkey off the bone in the pot.
6. Plate and serve with sides of choice. I served mine with some cornbread.