Sloppy Joe Grilled Burritos: A Delicious Twist on a Classic Dish
If you’re a fan of Sloppy Joes but want a new way to enjoy them, look no further than Sloppy Joe Grilled Burritos. These tasty and easy-to-make burritos are a great way to switch up your dinner routine while still satisfying your cravings for the classic, messy sandwich.
Why You’ll Love Sloppy Joe Grilled Burritos
The combination of ground beef, Sloppy Joe sauce, cheese, and other fillings wrapped in a lightly grilled tortilla is sure to tantalize your taste buds. The flavors of the Sloppy Joe Grilled Burrito blend together perfectly, creating a delicious, savory dish that is perfect for any night of the week.
Plus, Sloppy Joe Grilled Burritos are an easy-to-make meal that can be prepared quickly and enjoyed any night of the week. This recipe is a great way to use up leftovers, as it can be filled with whatever ingredients you have on hand. It’s also an affordable meal that can help you stick to your budget.
Recommended Ingredients for Sloppy Joe Grilled Burritos
To make the perfect Sloppy Joe Grilled Burritos, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Lean Ground Beef
- Onions (chopped)
- Red Bell Peppers (chopped)
- Green Bell Peppers (chopped)
- Salt, Pepper, Garlic Salt, and Dry Mustard
- Prepared Cheese Sauce (see recipe under “Sauces”)
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese or your favorite cheese
- Large Flour Tortillas (Wheat can be substituted)
How to Make Sloppy Joe Grilled Burritos
- Mix ground beef with your seasonings.
- Over medium-high heat, brown your seasoned ground beef for about 6-8 minutes.
- Add chopped onion, red and green bell peppers, and continue cooking for an additional 2 minutes, until vegetables are soft. Keep warm.
- In a separate bowl, mix ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, salt, onion powder, and pepper. Blend well. Pour over beef, and keep warm.
- Using large flour tortillas, add the mixture to the center.
- Add cheese sauce on top of the beef mixture. Top with shredded cheese. Fold over into a burrito and fry with oil for 1 minute per side over medium heat.
- Serve hot.
Tips and Variations for Sloppy Joe Grilled Burritos
Don’t overcook the ground beef, as it will make the burritos too dry and less flavorful. Add in your favorite mix-ins, such as diced bell peppers or onions, to give them added flavor and crunch. You can also go for a Mexican twist by adding refried beans or chopped jalapenos to the Sloppy Joe mixture. For a vegan option, use lentils or crumbled tofu as the base of your filling, and feel free to add your favorite vegan cheese and sour cream on top.
It’s best to use large flour tortillas for the Sloppy Joe Grilled Burritos, but you can use smaller tortillas if you are feeding kids or want to make the recipe stretch further. We typically use shredded cheddar cheese, but you can also use Pepper Jack, Monterey jack, mozzarella, Colby, or anything else you like.
Sloppy Joe Grilled Burritos are a fun and delicious twist on the classic Sloppy Joe sandwich. They’re easy to make, versatile, and perfect for a quick weeknight dinner. With a few simple ingredients and some time on the grill, you can have flavorful burritos that are packed full of deliciousness. So, next time you’re craving a Sloppy Joe, give