Easy and Flavorful Turkey Wings with Creamy Mushroom Gravy
Are you looking for a delicious and easy-to-make meal that your whole family will love? Look no further than these baked turkey wings with mushroom gravy! This recipe is packed with flavor and perfect for any occasion. Let’s get started!
- 6 large turkey wings (tips separated)
- 1/2 pound button mushrooms
- 1 large onion
- 1 bell pepper
- 2 stalks of celery
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 can of cream of chicken soup
- Extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Season the turkey wings with salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, poultry seasoning, dried basil, and dried oregano. Make sure to coat them well.
- Take a baking pan and coat it with a small amount of EVOO. Add the button mushrooms, chopped onion, celery, bell pepper, and garlic to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Place the seasoned turkey wings on top of the vegetables, skin side down. Wrap the pan tightly with foil and place it in the preheated oven for 1 hour.
- Remove the pan from the oven and add 1/2 cup of chicken stock. Replace the foil and bake for another 45 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven again and pour most of the liquid, including vegetables, into a saucepan.
- Turn the wings over, skin side up, and replace them in the oven UNCOVERED on broil for 20 minutes. The skin will get brown and slightly crispy. This step is crucial for achieving the perfect texture!
- While the turkey wings are broiling, add 1 can of cream of mushroom soup and 1/2 can of cream of chicken soup to the saucepan with the drippings. You can also add more spices to taste. Simmer the mixture for 10 minutes.
- Pour the mushroom gravy over the turkey wings and cover the pan with foil. Return the pan to the oven and bake for another 20 minutes or until the turkey wings are tender.
Serve the baked turkey wings with mushroom gravy hot and enjoy!
In conclusion, this baked turkey wings recipe with mushroom gravy is an easy and delicious meal that your whole family will love. By following the instructions and using the right ingredients, you can create a perfectly seasoned and tender turkey dish that will have everyone asking for seconds. Give this recipe a try and enjoy a hearty and flavorful dinner tonight!