12 May, 2019
Grandma’s Cabbage Burgers
6 lb hamburger (I use deer or elk)
salt and pepper to taste
garlic salt to taste
5 Tbsp minced garlic
2 large onions
4 medium cabbage heads
5 loaves of bread dough
I have one person try these that stated they added cubes of potatoes to the filling as well!
1 c water, warm
1 Tbsp active dry yeast
1 Tbsp sugar
1/4 c sugar
1/3 c powdered milk
1 tsp salt
1 large egg
1/4 c oil or butter (melted)
3 c flour
1. Start by browning the meat using salt and pepper and garlic salt to taste. Add in 1 of the onions and 1 or 2 tablespoons of the garlic as well. Drain the meat and set aside.
2. While you are browning the meat you should chop up the onions and cabbage. I like small chunks of onion and medium sized chunks of cabbage.
3. Add cabbage, onion, and remaining garlic to large stalk pot add the burger on top of cabbage and mix. Season to taste with salt pepper and garlic salt.
4. Let simmer on LOW heat till cabbage is tender.
5. I use my bread machines to make the bread, add 1 tbsp yeast and 1 tbsp sugar to 1 cup warm water mix till dissolved and place in bread machine then add the other ingredients in order to the machine an set on dough setting.
6. As soon as everything is ready to go, roll out dough and cut them into 12 squares large enough for a heaping 1/2 cup of the cabbage mixture. Fold up the corners and “just a pinch” to seal them and place them on a large cookie sheet.
7. I have it set up so when I take one batch of bread dough out I start the next loaf right away so that by the time the cabbage burgers come out of the oven and cool I can be working on the next batch.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes, till nice and golden brown. Lightly brush tops of rolls with butter. Serve right from the oven, and freeze the rest if there is any. Enjoy!!!
9. You can cut this down but where I only do the majority of my baking in the winter I do it this away and freeze them.
☆ Don’t Forget To Share With Your Friends And Family On Facebook & Pinterest, As You Might Help Someone In Need ☆
Categories : kitchen remodel,kitchen remodel ideas,kitchen suppliers,kitchen renovation ideas,fitted kitchens,kitchen design ideas,kitchen planner,kitchen gadgets,vegetarian recipes,healthy meals,small kitchen ideas,kitchen utensils,kitchen supplies,cookware,kitchen accessories,grills,all clad,le creuset,furniture,patio furniture,silicone bakeware,kitchen timers,kitchen islands,carpet,contemporary furniture,couch potato,chocolate chip cookies,holiday recipes,cookie recipes,cooking thermometers,pressure cookers,valentine flowers,barbeque meat thermometer,digital kitchen timers,wireless meat thermometer,snow blowers,oven thermometer,tights,blenders,smoothie blender,the blender,wine glasses,wine cooler,panini grills,deep fryer,electric turkey fryer,commercial deep fryers,deep fat fryers,electric deep fryer,non stick pans,Breakfast Sandwich Maker,crockpot,recipes for crockpot,universities program, universities programs, nursing degrees online, online nursing programs, online social work degree, social work degree online, online paralegal degree, criminal justice degree online, online associates degree, associates degree online, accounting degree online, online accounting degree, online graduate programs,online accounting degree programs, online accounting degrees, online accounting masters degree, accounting degrees online, accounting online degree, online accounting classes, forensic accounting degree, online accounting schools, accountant degree, accountancy degree, online accounting class, online schools for accounting, accounting degree programs, online degrees accounting, accounting degree program, online master degree, undergraduate degree, online studies