Pineapple Cream Cheese Pound Cake Recipe: A Delicious Twist on a Classic Dessert
Are you a fan of classic pound cake but looking for a delicious twist? Look no further than this Pineapple Cream Cheese Pound Cake recipe! With its moist, tender crumb and tangy pineapple flavor, this cake is sure to become a new favorite in your recipe collection. Here’s how to make it.
To make this Pineapple Cream Cheese Pound Cake, you’ll need:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 325°F. Grease and flour a 10-inch bundt pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter, cream cheese, and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, scraping down the bowl as needed.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in three parts, alternating with the crushed pineapple. Mix until just combined.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 70-80 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then invert onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Tips for Success
- Make sure your butter and cream cheese are softened to room temperature before starting the recipe. This will ensure that they cream together properly.
- Drain the crushed pineapple well before adding it to the batter. Excess liquid can make the cake too moist and dense.
- Don’t overmix the batter once you add the dry ingredients. Overmixing can lead to a tough cake.
- Let the cake cool completely before slicing and serving. This will help it set up properly and ensure that it holds its shape.
This Pineapple Cream Cheese Pound Cake is delicious on its own or topped with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkling of fresh pineapple chunks. It’s also delicious with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a drizzle of caramel sauce.
Want to switch up the flavors of this pound cake? Here are a few ideas:
- Swap out the crushed pineapple for canned mandarin oranges or diced fresh peaches.
- Add a teaspoon of ground cinnamon or nutmeg to the batter for a warm, cozy flavor.
- Top the cake with a simple glaze made from powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract.
This Pineapple Cream Cheese Pound Cake is a delightful twist on a classic dessert. With its tangy pineapple flavor and tender crumb, it’s sure to become a new favorite in your recipe collection. Give it a try and see for yourself!
- Can I use fresh pineapple instead of canned?
- While you could certainly try using fresh pineapple in this recipe, canned pineapple is preferred because it’s already crushed and has less liquid, which can affect the texture of the cake.
- Can I make this cake ahead of time?
- Yes! This cake can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, or in the fridge for up to a week.