1 cup chocolate chips
2 cups pecans
3/4 cup melted butter
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1 (14 ounce) bags caramels
1 1/3 cups water ( or as called for by your cake mix)
1/3 cup oil ( or as called for by your cake mix)
3 eggs ( or as called for by your cake mix)
1 (18 ounce) boxes German chocolate cake mix
1. Prepare cake mix as directed. Pour 1/2 of the batter in a 13×9 inch pan.
2. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Remove and let cool.
3. In a double boiler, add carmels, milk and butter and stir constantly till melted.
4. Pour melted carmel over cooling cake. Sprinkle on top 1 cup of pecans& chocolate chips.
5. Pour remaining batter on top and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
2 thoughts on “Easy Homemade Chocolate Turtle Cake”
Comments are closed.