Dreamy Cream Cheese Chocolate Pound Cake Recipe
If you’re a chocolate lover and a fan of pound cake, then this dreamy cream cheese chocolate pound cake recipe is the perfect dessert for you. It’s a decadent and moist cake that is perfect for any occasion, from birthdays to holidays. In this article, we’ll go over the step-by-step process of making this delicious cake, as well as some tips and tricks to make it even more special.
Let’s start by going over the ingredients you’ll need to make this dreamy cream cheese chocolate pound cake:
For the Cake:
- 1 and 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup of cream cheese, softened
- 1 and 1/2 cups of granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of buttermilk
For the Chocolate Ganache:
- 1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
Now that we have all the ingredients we need, let’s get started with making this dreamy cream cheese chocolate pound cake:
Step 1: Preheat the Oven and Prepare the Pan
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9-inch loaf pan and set it aside.
Step 2: Sift and Mix the Dry Ingredients
In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix everything together until it’s well combined.
Step 3: Cream the Butter, Cream Cheese, and Sugar
In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter, cream cheese, and granulated sugar until it’s light and fluffy. This should take about 2-3 minutes.
Step 4: Add the Eggs and Vanilla Extract
Next, add in the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Then, mix in the vanilla extract.
Step 5: Add the Dry Ingredients and Buttermilk
Add in the dry ingredients mixture to the wet ingredients mixture in three parts, alternating with the buttermilk. Begin and end with the dry ingredients mixture. Mix everything together until it’s well combined.
Step 6: Pour the Batter into the Prepared Pan
Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth it out evenly.
Step 7: Bake the Cake
Bake the cake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Step 8: Let the Cake Cool
Once the cake is done, remove it from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes. Then, remove it from the pan and let it cool completely on a wire rack.
Step 9: Make the Chocolate Ganache
While the cake is cooling, make the chocolate ganache by heating up the heavy cream in a small saucepan until it starts to simmer. Pour the hot cream over the semisweet chocolate chips and whisk everything together until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
Step 10: Top the Cake with Chocolate Ganache
Once the cake has completely cooled, pour the chocolate ganache over the top of the cake, spreading it out evenly with a spatula.
Tips and Tricks
- Make sure your ingredients are at room temperature before you start mixing everything together. This will ensure that everything mixes together properly and your cake turns out moist and fluffy.
- If you don’t have buttermilk, you can make a substitute by adding 1 tablespoon of vinegar or lemon juice to 1 cup of milk and letting it sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Be careful not to overmix the batter as this can result in a dense cake.
- To ensure your cake doesn’t stick to the pan, make sure to grease and flour it well.
- You can also add some chopped nuts, such as pecans or walnuts, to the batter for some extra crunch.
In conclusion, this dreamy cream cheese chocolate pound cake recipe is a delicious and indulgent dessert that is perfect for any occasion. The combination of cream cheese and chocolate creates a moist and rich cake that is sure to impress your family and friends. With a little bit of effort, you can make this cake right in your own kitchen and enjoy it with your loved ones.
- Can I use a different type of chocolate for the ganache? Yes, you can use milk chocolate or dark chocolate instead of semisweet chocolate chips.
- Can I use a different type of pan to bake the cake? Yes, you can use a bundt pan or a square pan instead of a loaf pan.
- Can I make the cake ahead of time? Yes, you can make the cake a day ahead and store it in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Can I freeze the cake? Yes, you can freeze the cake for up to 3 months. Make sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and then in foil.
- Can I substitute the butter for margarine? Yes, you can use margarine instead of butter, but the flavor and texture of the cake may be slightly different.