Donkey Balls are delicious flaky morsels loaded with onions & sausage, they’ll disappear fast!
These sound sinfully delicious and super fattening! LOL! I think that they would make a great addition to a brunch.
2 packages crescent rolls pref buttery flavored
1 16 oz cream cheese, don’t use fat free… they r horrible
1 packages jimmy dean sausage (standard size)
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 small fresh onion… minced
1. cook sausage, garlic powder and onion until brown and lightly crispy.
2. drain sausage. does not hafta be rinsed
3. take room temp cream cheese and sausage mixture. I do not add salt and pepper because of butter flavoring in rolls.
4. unroll crescent rolls and cut crescent in half to make a triangle.
5. take a teaspoon of the mixture and spoon into each crescent roll. then wrap mixture up into little ball making sure the mixture is sealed inside.
6. place balls on the cookie sheets and bake for 8 minutes. DON’T BURN BOTTOMS.
7. cool for 3 minutes should make about 40-48 balls.
8. a reviewer suggested that she had to cook them longer (14 minutes) … so it may take longer depending on size..
If you love this recipe please enjoy and share!