Ingredients for Cake:
3 cups sugar
3 cups Swans Down cake flour (sifted) + 3 TBSP
5 large eggs room temp (if you use med eggs, use 6)
3 sticks of salted butter (softened)
2 tablespoons lemon extract
1 tablespoon almond extract
1 teaspoon rum extract
1 teaspoon orange extract or butter extract
1 heaping tablespoon sour cream
3/4 cup 7UP
Ingredients for Rum Drizzle:
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (more flavor. Extract can be used as well)
1 or 2 tablespoons of Light Rum
*an additional 1/2 cup of powdered sugar may be added based on the consistency you prefer
1/2 tablespoon of soft salted butter
Directions for cake:
– Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
– Cream butter and sugar till smooth.
– Add sour cream, add extracts, and add eggs one at a time.
– Add flour mix and 7Up. Half and half.
– Mix for no longer than 2 minutes. If additional mixing is required, use a wooden spoon.
– Grease cake pan. Use baking spray with flour.
– Bake 1 hour 15 minutes.
– Do the toothpick test. May need additional 5 minutes or so.
Directions for Rum Drizzle:
– Mix powdered sugar and lemon juice with a shot of light rum.
– Whisk in the soft salted butter and warm in microwave.
– Drizzle over cake, then add pecans and coconut as you wish. Enjoy!