Remember It Later
This recipe! Pin it to your favorite board NOW!Pin
We were having a luau at young women’s and I thought that it would be awesome to have a hawaiian dessert. What is better than coconut and pineapple?!
You’ll Need :
1 package yellow cake mix
2 packages (5.1 oz each) Instant vanilla pudding mix
4 cups cold milk
1 1/2 teaspoons coconut extract
8 oz cream cheese (softened)
1 can (20 oz) crushed pineapple, drained
3 cups heavy whipping cream
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups flaked coconut, toasted
How to make it :
1. Mix cake batter according to package directions.
2. Pour into two greased 13″x 9″ baking pans. This will make two Hawaiian cakes.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until the cakes test as done. Cool completely.
4. In a large bowl, combine pudding mixes, milk and coconut extract; beat for 2 minutes.
5. Add the cream cheese and beat well.
6. Stir in the pineapple.
7. Split in half and spread over the two cooled cakes.
8. Put whipping cream, vanilla and powdered sugar in bowl. Whisk until peaks form and then spread the whipped cream over the pudding.
9. Spread the coconut evenly on a cookie sheet. Heat the oven at 350 degrees and bake for 7-8 minutes or until light golden brown. Spread the toasted coconut over the top of the homemade whipped cream.
11. Chill for at least 2 hours!!