Here’s a great buttermilk oven-fried chicken that’s just as crisp deep fried. Double dipped and cooked in only a tablespoon of oil!
It’s hard to believe that this oven fried chicken comes out so crispy with only a tablespoon of oil!
The secret to the crispiness is preheating the baking sheet and the oil! This is a little trick I recently learned and I was very anxious to test it out!
1 Chicken- cut up
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons garlic pepper
1 teaspoon sugar
2 teaspoons paprika
1 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1. Preheat Oven 350 degrees
2. In a baking pan, whisk together flour, garlic pepper, sugar and paprika.
3. In a medium size bowl, whisk together buttermilk, eggs, baking powder and baking soda until smooth.
4. Dip each piece of chicken into buttermilk mixture, shaking off excess.
5. Roll in flour mixture and then dip into buttermilk and flour mixture a second time.
6. Place in baking pan and drizzle with olive oil.
7. Bake about 50-55 minutes or until chicken is golden.