This cake recipe from Lemon Lush is ideal for picnics and parties throughout the year. Layers of bottom pecan crust, lemon cream cheese, lemon pudding, and served with a whipped topping garnished with lemon zest are so light and refreshing.
– 2+1/4 c.Of water.
– 1 container.Of -8Oz- Of whipped topping.
– 1 box.Of lemon pudding mix.
– 1 c.Of all-purpose flour.
– 1/2 c.Of sugar.
– 1/2 c.Of softened butter.
– 1/2 c.Of chopped pecans.
– 8Oz.Of softened cream cheese.
– 2 large egg yolks.
– Step 1: Mix the flour with butter and pecans together as a biscuit dough and press into an 8“ baking Pan.
– Step 2: Bake for around 20 minutes at 400°F.
– Step 3: In a large bowl, mix together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and 1 cup of whipped topping and scatter over the first layer while still high.
– Step 4: Stir the lemon pudding mixture with sugar, 1/4 cup of water, and two egg yolks together in a medium saucepan. Stir in 2 cups of sugar.
– Step 5: Stir continuously, with a wire whisk, simmer over medium heat until the mixture comes to a boil.
– Step 6: Cool for 15 minutes, stirring twice.
– Step 7: Cool for more than 30 minutes and scatter across the previous two layers.
– Step 8: Let it cool completely and finish with the remaining icing.