Delicious and Easy Golden Style Pepper Steak Recipe – Perfect for a Quick Weeknight Dinner
Are you looking for a delicious and flavorful dish to impress your guests or indulge in a special meal? Look no further! This golden style pepper steak recipe is a perfect choice. Packed with flavors and bursting with aromatic spices, this dish is sure to tantalize your taste buds. In this article, we will provide you with step-by-step instructions on how to create this culinary masterpiece in the comfort of your own kitchen.
To make the golden style pepper steak, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 pound of beef sirloin, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup of cornstarch
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of minced ginger
- 1 cup of beef broth
- 1/4 cup of oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup of sliced onions
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Chopped green onions for garnish
Before you start cooking, it’s important to prepare all the ingredients. Here’s how:
- Thinly slice the beef sirloin and set it aside.
- In a bowl, combine the cornstarch and soy sauce to make a marinade. Add the sliced beef to the marinade and toss to coat. Let it sit for 15 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
Now that you have prepared the ingredients, it’s time to start cooking the golden style pepper steak. Follow these steps:
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or a large skillet over high heat.
- Add the minced garlic and ginger to the hot oil and sauté for about 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the marinated beef to the wok and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until the beef is cooked to your desired level of doneness. Remove the beef from the wok and set it aside.
- In the same wok, add the beef broth, oyster sauce, and brown sugar. Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Add the sliced bell peppers and onions to the wok and stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes until they are slightly tender.
- Add the cooked beef back to the wok and toss everything together to coat with the sauce.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Garnish with chopped green onions and serve hot.
Tips and Tricks
- Use high-quality beef sirloin: The key to a delicious pepper steak is using tender and flavorful beef sirloin. Look for well-marbled, thinly sliced sirloin for the best results.
- Marinate the beef: Marinating the beef in a cornstarch and soy sauce mixture helps to tenderize the meat and infuse it with flavor. Be sure to let it sit for at least 15 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Stir-fry on high heat: Stir-frying the beef and vegetables on high heat helps to quickly cook the ingredients and retain their crispiness. Be sure to keep the heat high and constantly stir-fry to avoid overcooking the beef and vegetables.
- Customize the spice level: Adjust the amount of minced garlic and ginger to your preference. If you like a stronger garlic or ginger flavor, feel free to add more according to your taste.
- Serve with steamed rice: The golden style pepper steak is delicious when served over steamed rice. The rice soaks up the flavorful sauce and adds a perfect balance to the dish.
The golden style pepper steak can be served in a variety of ways to suit your preferences. Here are some serving suggestions:
- Over steamed rice: Serve the golden style pepper steak over a bed of steamed white or brown rice for a classic and satisfying meal.
- With noodles: Toss the cooked pepper steak with cooked noodles, such as lo mein or chow mein noodles, for a tasty and filling noodle dish.
- With vegetables: Add more vegetables, such as broccoli, carrots, or snow peas, to the stir-fry for a colorful and nutritious meal. You can also serve the pepper steak over a bed of mixed greens for a lighter option.
- As a wrap: Wrap the pepper steak and vegetables in lettuce leaves or tortilla wraps for a fun and portable meal.
The golden style pepper steak recipe can be easily customized to suit your taste preferences. Here are some variations you can try:
- Spicy pepper steak: Add some crushed red pepper flakes or diced chili peppers to the stir-fry for a spicy kick.
- Sweet and sour pepper steak: Add some pineapple chunks and vinegar to the sauce for a tangy and sweet twist on the classic recipe.
- Teriyaki pepper steak: Replace the oyster sauce with teriyaki sauce and add some sesame seeds for a Japanese-inspired version of the dish.
- Vegetarian pepper steak: Use tofu or seitan instead of beef for a delicious vegetarian or vegan option. Simply marinate the tofu or seitan in the cornstarch and soy sauce mixture and stir-fry until crispy.
The nutritional information for the golden style pepper steak may vary depending on the specific ingredients and serving size. Here’s a rough estimate per serving:
- Calories: 350
- Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Protein: 25g
- Sodium: 800mg
- Fiber: 3g
Please note that these values are approximate and may vary depending on the specific ingredients and cooking methods used.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Can I use a different cut of beef for this recipe?
Yes, you can use other cuts of beef, such as flank steak or strip steak, as a substitute for sirloin. Just make sure to slice the beef thinly to ensure quick and even cooking.
- Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
While it’s best to enjoy the golden style pepper steak immediately after cooking, you can make the marinade and prepare the ingredients ahead of time for convenience