Tender, juicy and full of flavor – this is a no-fail recipe for pork tenderloin that comes out perfect every time.
Cook time: 45 Min Prep time: 10 Min Serves: 4-6
1 1.5 – 2 lb pork tenderloin
1/3 – 1/2 c olive oil (I use garlic infused)
1 Tbsp granulated garlic or powder
1 Tbsp granulated onion or powder
1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
1/2 tsp dried oregano or 1 tsp fresh, chopped fine
1/2 tsp crushed rosemary
1 tsp salt & pepper or to taste
1. Place thawed pork tenderloin in a gallon Ziploc bag (I use Hormel original tenderloin, about 1.5 lbs.). Add olive oil, granulated onion, granulated garlic, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, oregano, optional red pepper flake, dried rosemary, or any other herb that you love with pork.
2. Seal bag and remove as much air as possible to make sure that the seasonings completely coat the pork tenderloin. Put in refrigerator for at least 1 hour or longer.
3. Preheat oven to 425°F. (This is not a typo.) Line a casserole or small baking dish with aluminum foil for easy cleanup, if desired. REMOVE TENDERLOIN FROM BAG and center in a foil-lined dish.
4. Pour marinade over the tenderloin and bake for 15 minutes.
5. Turn meat over and bake another 15 minutes. Turn meat over once more and bake another 15 minutes for a total cooking time of 45 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes.
7. Cut into 1/4″ or thicker slices and serve with your favorite side dishes. If desired make a compound butter/margarine ahead of time with a little crushed dried rosemary, thyme, and garlic. Put a small pat on each slice and allow heat to melt it into the meat. C’est ci bon!