The best part, there is no baking required.
Just follow the instructions and you will end up with crowd pleasing, quick and easy cookies every time.
I have been making these cookies for many years and have tried a variety of recipes.
Sometimes the no bake cookies turned out dry and crumbly.
And sometimes they didn’t set up at all and a spoon was needed to eat them.
The two biggest secrets to make sure that these cookies are award-winning every time is all about the timing.
First of all you will see many recipes that calls for you to boil the mixture from anywhere from 1-3 minutes.
They don’t tell you that you should start the timer when the mixture is at a full and rapid boil. Do not start the timer when you first start seeing bubbles rise to the surface.
1/2 cup butter 1 stick
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
4 tablespoons cocoa
1 cup creamy peanut butter
3 cups instant oats
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1. In a medium sauce pan, add butter, sugar, milk and cocoa. Place on medium heat.
2. While you wait for the mixture to begin to boil, measure out your peanut butter and oats and have your vanilla jar handy. (once this process gets started – you have to work quickly)
3. Bring the mixture in the sauce pan to a rolling boil – once it is at a full boil – boil for 1 minute and 15 seconds.
4. Remove from the heat immediately.
5. Add in the peanut butter – stir. Add in the oats – stir. Add in the vanilla – stir.
6. Drop by tablespoons onto baking sheets lined with wax paper.
7. Let cool for 30 minutes or until set.