Old School Butter Pound Cake
I am not really a dessert type of girl, BUT there are two cakes that I can eat all day. Yes, butter pound cake is one of them. This recipe will deliver a rich and moist cake. I am sure your taste buds will thank you. I am sure you will leave your approval stamp on this recipe!
Cook time: 1 Hr 30 Min Prep time: 30 Min Serves: 12-16
1 1/2 c cake flour
1 1/2 c all-purpose flour
3 stick butter, unsalted (softened at room temp)
8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
3 1/4 c sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 tsp almond extract
1 tsp salt
6 large eggs
1. Beat butter and cream cheese with a mixer on medium speed until mixture comes together.
2. Add sugar and extracts; beat until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to low.
3. Add eggs, one at a time, alternating with flours 1/2 cup at a time until all eggs and flours are used.
4. Transfer to a buttered, oiled and floured, 10-cup shaped pan such as bundt pan.
5. Place in cold oven. Heat oven to 325 degrees. Bake until an inserted tester comes out clean about 1 1/2 hours.
6. Remove cake from pan. Let cool on wire rack.