Add a new twist on the traditional meatball sub with this meatball sub casserole. Your whole family will love this and it’s super easy to make too!
What You’ll Need
1/3 cup chopped green onion to taste
1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 lb ground beef
1 inch loaf Italian bread cut into 1slices
8 ounces Cream Cheese softened
1/2 cup mayonnaise not low-fat or lite
1 teaspoon italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese divided
1 28 oz jars spaghetti sauce
1 cup water
2 garlic cloves minced
How to make it
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. In a bowl, combine onions, bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
3. Add beef and mix well.
4. shape into 1-inch balls; place on a rack.
5. In a shall baking pan, bake for 15-20 minutes or until no longer pink. (Or cook in a skillet on medium heat.).
6. Reduce oven temperature to 350.
7. Meanwhile, arrange bread in a single layer in an ungreased 13x9x2″ baking dish.
8. (All of the bread might not be used.).
9. Combine cream cheese, mayo, Italian seasoning and pepper; spread over the bread.
10. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup mozzarella.
11. Combine sauce, water and garlic; add meatballs.
12. Pour over cheese mixture; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella.
13. Bake, uncovered at 350 for 30 minutes or until heated through.