1 whole chicken or 3 large boneless breast
10.5 oz. can cream of chicken soup
1 1/2 cans chicken broth (use the chicken soup can to measure the broth…I used the water I cooked the chicken in for mine)
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
2 frozen 9″ pie crust, thawed and cut into 1″ strips
2 T. butter
1. Place the chicken in a pot and cover with water, bring to a boil and cook thoroughly. Remove the chicken (save the cooking liquid), let cool and then chop up the meat.
2. In a mixing bowl stir together the soup, broth, salt and pepper. Stir in the chicken, combine well.
3. Lightly spray a 9×9 baking dish with cooking spray. Spoon half of the chicken mixture into the bottom and spread around. Then cover the mixture with a layer of the pie strips.
4. Dot the strips with 1 T. of butter and place in a 400 degree oven for 25 minutes. Remove and spoon the remaining chicken mixture over the top, then place the remaining pie crust strips. Again, dot with 1 T. butter.
5. Return to the oven for an additional 25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and let sit 5 minutes before serving.