Dutch Apple Bread
Apple Bread made from scratch with butter, sugar & plenty of fresh apples. Topped with a cinnamon streusel & drizzled with warm vanilla glaze, it’s amazing.
Prep Time 10 minutes / Cook Time 1 hour / Total Time 1 hour 10 minutes
1/2 cup softened butter 1 cube
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cups diced peeled a green apple
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
5 TBSP cold butter
1/3 cup flour
2 TBSP granulated sugar
2 TBSP brown sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon
Whisk all ingredients together until smooth. Set aside.
1 TBSP melted butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 TBSP milk
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a bread pan with parchment paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Cream butter and sugar in a mixing bowl. Add in eggs, milk, and vanilla and stir to incorporate. Mix in flour, salt, and baking powder. Fold in apples and nuts. Transfer mixture to prepared baking pan.
3. For topping, combine all ingredients and mix with a fork or pastry mixer until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter in pan.
3. Bake for 55-60 minutes, until toothpick inserted in bread, comes out clean. (Internal temperature of bread will be 200 degrees F when fully cooked.)
4. Let cool. Remove from pan and drizzle top with vanilla glaze. Slice and serve.
5. Store leftovers in an airtight container.