Remember It Later
This recipe! Pin it to your favorite board NOW!Pin
This Million Dollar Cake is so delicious, refreshing and addicting! Also it’s visually stunning after it’s frosted–tall fluffy and with a pretty orange tint. It looks like it was a lot of work but it’s a very easy recipe!
– 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
– 3 large eggs
– 1/3 cup oil
– 1 to 1/3 cups water
– 8 ounces cream cheese
– 1 to 1/2 cups icing sugar
– 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
– 2 (8 ounce) cans of drained mandarin oranges
– 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package of vanilla instant pudding mix
– 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1. First, mix and bake cake mix according to per package direction for two 8 or 9 inch round layers.
2. So as to have 4 layers, let layers cool then split each layer in half .
3. Whip cream cheese in a large bowl until soft, and then gradually mix in confectioners’ sugar.
4. Stir in together pineapple and juice and the drained mandarin oranges and reserve about 5 mandarin orange slices so as to decorate the top of cake.
5. Mix in the dry pudding mix.
6. Fold in the whipped topping.
7. Place one cake layer on a cake plate cut side up; spread with frosting.
8. Pick another layer cut side down and place it on the first one then top with more frosting.
9. This process should be repeated until all layers are used, spreading last bit of frosting on top and sides of cake.
10. Use reserved mandarin orange slices to decorate the cake.
11. Finally, make sure to refrigerate overnight before serving.