King Crab Scampi & Garlic Roasted Shrimp recipe
Are you looking for an easy-to-make seafood dish that will satisfy your cravings? Then, you are in the right place! This article will provide you with a delicious recipe for King Crab Scampi & Garlic Roasted Shrimp that is sure to impress your taste buds. With this recipe, you can create a flavorful and impressive dish that is perfect for any occasion. Let’s dive into the recipe!
- 1 pound of king crab legs
- 1 pound of large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup of white wine
- 1/4 cup of chicken broth
- 1/4 cup of unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
Preparing the shrimp
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Place the shrimp in a large bowl and toss with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 2 cloves of minced garlic, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the shrimp out in a single layer on a baking sheet.
Roasting the shrimp
- Roast the shrimp in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until they are pink and cooked through.
- Remove the shrimp from the oven and set aside.
Preparing the scampi sauce
- In a large skillet, melt 1/4 cup of unsalted butter over medium heat.
- Add the remaining 2 cloves of minced garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add 1/4 cup of white wine and 1/4 cup of chicken broth to the skillet and bring to a simmer.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the liquid has reduced by half.
- Add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and chopped fresh parsley to the skillet and stir to combine.
Cooking the crab legs
- In a large pot of boiling water, add the king crab legs and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Remove the crab legs from the pot and set aside.
Combining the ingredients
- Add the roasted shrimp to the skillet with the scampi sauce and toss to coat.
- Place the cooked crab legs on a serving platter.
- Pour the shrimp and scampi sauce over the crab legs.
- Serve immediately.
Tips for cooking seafood
- Always buy fresh seafood from a reputable source.
- Store seafood in the refrigerator at 40°F (4°C) or below.
- Cook seafood to an internal temperature of 145°F (63°C).
- Don’t overcook seafood, as it can become tough and dry.
- Be careful not to cross-contaminate other foods with raw seafood.
Benefits of eating seafood
Eating seafood is a great way to improve your overall health. Seafood is rich in essential nutrients, such as omega-3 fatty acids, protein, and vitamins and minerals. These nutrients can help improve brain function, reduce inflammation, and lower the risk of heart disease. Additionally, seafood is low in calories and fat, making it a great option for weight management and maintaining a healthy diet.
This King Crab Scampi & Garlic Roasted Shrimp recipe is a delicious and impressive dish that is perfect for any seafood lover. The combination of succulent shrimp, buttery scampi sauce, and tender crab legs creates a burst of flavor in every bite. Plus, it’s easy to make and can be ready in no time. So, give this recipe a try and impress your friends and family with your culinary skills!
- Can I use frozen seafood for this recipe? Yes, you can use frozen seafood for this recipe. Just make sure to thaw it properly before cooking.
- Can I use a different type of seafood instead of crab legs? Yes, you can substitute crab legs with other types of seafood, such as lobster or scallops.
- Can I use a different type of wine for the scampi sauce? Yes, you can use a different type of white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
- Can I use salted butter instead of unsalted butter? Yes, you can use salted butter instead of unsalted butter, but you may need to adjust the amount of salt in the recipe accordingly.
- Can I make the scampi sauce ahead of time? Yes, you can make the scampi sauce ahead of time and reheat it when you are ready to serve. Just be careful not to overcook the shrimp when reheating.