3 Cups Flour
2 Cups Sugar
1 Cup Vanilla Yogurt
1 Cup Softened Butter
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Tsp Salt
1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
2 Tsp Vanilla (use the highest quality possible)
Rum Sauce Ingredients:
3/4 Cup Sugar
3 Tbsp Water
1/3 Cup Butter
2 Tbsp Rum
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2. Combine the Cake Ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat them with a mixer until well blended.
3. Pour the Cake Ingredients into a greased bundt pan.
4. Bake for 1 hour at 325 degrees, rotating halfway.
5. Just before the cake is done, combine the Rum Sauce Ingredients in a small sauce pan and cook until the butter melts, stirring to combine.
6. Remove the cake from the oven and stab it all over with a knife. Seriously. The more you stab it, the better your rum sauce will soak in.
7. Pour the rum sauce over the cake while both are still hot.
8. Once the cake is only slightly warm to the touch, flip it over onto a plate to remove it from the pan.
9. You can serve it warm or let it cool – your choice. The cake serves 8-12 people.
If you love this recipe please enjoy and share!