This is an incredible Crock Pot meal. Not only is it hearty, rich and delicious, but it’s also so easy to prepare. Cooking the chicken low and slow for several hours makes it tender and flavorful. The noodles take on the flavor of the chicken and the creamy soup to make the whole pot irresistible. Even your pickiest eater will clean their plate. This is soon to become a new family favorite!
I made this easy, tasty meal for my mom to help out while ill. She loved it. It’s hearty and comforting. Enjoy!
Cook time: 8 Hr Prep time: 10 Min Serves: 4 – 6
1 pkg frozen egg noodles, 24 ounce
2 can(s) cream of chicken soup, 14.7 oz each; sometimes I use 1 can chicken and 1 can cream of celery
1 stick (1/2) cup butter – cut into pieces
1 can(s) chicken broth, 32 oz; may want extra to thin out if too thick. The frozen noodles thicken the broth.
mixed vegetables, optional; I didn’t use this time
1 tsp Better Than Bullion, optional; I add for a richer chicken flavor
6 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts or 4 large
salt & pepper, to taste; can add some parsley too if desired
1. Salt & pepper chicken breasts.
2. Place in the bottom of Crock Pot.
3. Spoon soup over the chicken.
4. Cut butter into several pats and place pieces evenly over soup.
5. Whisk the bouillon with the broth.
6. Pour over soup.
7. Place lid on the Crock Pot and turn to low. Cook for 6 hours.
8. Remove chicken and tear into pieces.
9. Add back to pot.
10. Now add noodles; if adding veggies add now. Cook for another 2 hours or until noodles are desired tenderness. I stir a few times during last 2 hours. (You may want to add more broth to thin out at the end of cooking, as the homemade noodles thicken the broth, which we like. )
Cassie’s Comforting Chicken & Noodles
11. Sprinkle with parsley and mix in if using at the end of cooking.
12. Salt & pepper, if needed, and serve. Yum!