1 ¼ cups graham wafer crumbs (it’s also good with vanilla wafer crumbs)
¼ cup sugar
¼ cup butter , softened
40 ounces cream cheese (5 pkg), room temperature
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
3 tablespoons flour
¼ teaspoon salt
5 eggs, room temperature
2 egg yolks
¼ cup whipping cream
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 ¾ cups sugar
1. Mix crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar and butter and press into a 10″ spring form pan. Refrigerate until ready to use.
2. Preheat oven to 500ºF.
3. Beat cream cheese with electric mixer in large bowl until very smooth. Blend in lemon juice and vanilla. Sift sugar, flour and salt together and gradually beat into cheese.
4. Beat until creamy, smooth and light, about 5 minutes. Beat in eggs and yolks one at a time. Blend in cream. Pour into crust. Bake 12 minutes.
5. Reduce oven temperature to 200ºF. Continue baking until tester inserted in centre comes out clean. The original recipe said for 45 minutes but I find that it takes longer.
6. Run a sharp knife around the edge of the pan. Cool cake completely and refrigerate at least 24 hours before serving.
If you love this recipe please enjoy and share!