5 stars recipe ! This Red Velvet Pound Cake is not only fluffy, moist and full of flavor but it is absolutely delicious, just give it a try and see.
WHAT YOU NEED :
– 1 C. butter or margarine
– 1/2 C. shortening
– 3 C. sugar
– 5 eggs
– 2 tsp. vanilla
– 1- 1 oz. bottle (2 T.) red food coloring
– 3 C. all-purpose flour
– 1/2 tsp. baking soda
– 1/2 tsp. salt
– 1/2 C. cocoa
– 1 C. buttermilk
#Cream Cheese Frosting :
– 1 (8 oz.) pkg. of cream cheese, softened
– 1 stick of butter
– 1 (1 lb.) box of powdred sugar
– 1 tsp. of vanilla
1. Simply cream butter, shortening, and sugar together until light and fluffy then beat in eggs one at a time, making sure to beat well after each addition.
2. Now that you are done beating, mix in vanilla and food coloring then sift together flour, soda, salt, and cocoa.
3. Add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk and pour into greased and floured 10-inch tube pan.
4. Afterwards, bake at 350 degrees until cake tests done, about 1 hour.
5. Once done, cool in pan 10 minutes then transfer to serving plate and finally spread with frosting, sprinkle with nuts if desired.