10 uses of onions that will encourage you to have this magical bulbous root vegetable at every meal you eat .
The bad breath and watery eyes are the main causes why most people run away from eating onions. Yet, there are a huge number of benefits that will make you forget about the dark side of onions. Several bioflavonoids that would be ideal for helping the body to get rid of free radicals, cut back the risk of cardiovascular diseases,strokes and various kinds of cancer ,especially quercetin are found in onions. Furthermore, this vegetable produces lots of vitamin c and fiber .
Onions are for more than just nutrition; having this vegetable in your house might facilitate your everyday life.
1. Insect repellent. Onions will help to keep bugs at bay due to their pungent smell. According to WonderHowTo and Living Traditionally, put a bowl of sliced onions whrever ants or moths are hanging around will force them to vanish. In addition, in order to keep insects away from your body you have to cut an onion and rub it with yourself before going out ,surely, this will repel other people as well!
(although onions are sometimes used as pets repellent to teach them not to attempt to approach certain areas of the house, they can be harmful to pets; thus, this method isn’ recommended).
2. Bandage for wounds. it is better to place onion skin over the wound as you got the cut in the sense that it has natural antiseptic properties which help to clean and stop the bleeding.
3. Ideal natural dye. As shown in this drawing from WonderHow, fill a pair of pantyhose with yellow or red onion skins and tie it off. Plance the skins into a saucepan or pot and cover with water.Bring to boil for approximately 20-30 minutes, then take out the pantyhose. The colored water can be used to dye fabric, paper or eggs.
4. Antiemetic. sip two teaspoons of onion juice at a time;alternate with sipping two teaspoons of cool peppermint tea and allowing about five minutes in between each. Living Traditionally says:”Vomiting should stop immediately and nausea should go away within 15 minutes”. forget about the pink stuff!
5. Smell neutralizer. stinct odors will be soaked up by chopped and partly crushed onions, especially from fresh paint or lacquer. simply, fill a bowl with slicd onion and a bit of water,recommends Reader’s Digest, and leave it in the room.
[maxbutton id=”3″ url=”https://worldofcooking.net/surprising-yet-miraculous-onions/2/” ]