Southern Hamburger Steaks with Onion Mushroom Gravy
1. In a Large bowl combine all the patty ingredients EXCEPT for the flour and olive oil & mix well.
2. Shape into 4 to 6 hamburger patties – all the same size.
3. In your flour you set aside, dip each patty so both sides are well coated
4. In a large- semi-deep cooking skillet, on medium heat heat the olive oil and place each of the patties in the pan.
5. Cook until browned on both sides, remove and set aside–reserving all the pan drippings for the gravy
6. In the pan with the drippings, add in the sliced onions to the skillet, add a tablespoon of water, and cook over medium heat until lightly caramelized, stirring frequently.
7. In a separate medium-sized bowl, whisk together the beef broth, water, 1/4 cup of flour, seasoning salt, pepper,, Worcestershire and gravy master,until well combined.
8. Pour this mixture into the skillet with the onions and stir constantly, until mixture begins to thicken.
9. Return your cooked hamburger steaks to the skillet, flipping a few times to coat each side with the gravy, you want to make sure they absorb the gravy on each side.
10. Add in your sliced mushrooms, then reduce heat to a low simmer.
11. Cook, covered, for about 20 minutes longer being sure to flip them every 5 minutes to keep them coated well..
12. Serve over buttered mashed potatoes