* 2 lb fresh green beans, rinsed and trimmed
* 1 large onion, chopped
* 3 ham hocks
* 1 1⁄2 lb new potato, quartered
* 1 tsp garlic powder
* 1 tsp onion powder
* 1 tsp seasoning salt
* 1 tbsp chicken bouillon, granules
* 1 ground black pepper, to taste
* Halve beans if they are large, place in a slow cooker with water to barely cover and add onion and ham hocks.
* Cover and cook on High until simmering.
* Reduce heat to Low and cook for 2 to 3 hours or until beans are crisp but not done.
* Remove ham hocks. Add potatoes and cook for another 45 minutes.
* While potatoes are cooking, remove meat from bones.
* Chop or shred meat and return to slow cooker. Season with garlic powder, onion powder, seasoning salt, bouillon, and pepper.
* Cook until potatoes are done, then adjust seasoning to taste.
* To serve, use a slotted spoon to put beans, potatoes, and ham into a serving dish with a little broth.